Friday, September 14, 2012

Red Sands - Fourth Fight



I felt bad not having a battle report up in so long so I decided to do a quick Red Sands one to fill the gap while I get battle chronicler working again. When I rolled up my opponent for this fight I was quite surprised to see that his stats and fighting style came out almost identical to mine, the only differences were that I have one more base strength than him and he had no bonuses from size or signature. I had a feeling this might be quite an even fight, probably with not too many wounds but one or two rounds that would decide it, was I right? Read on to find out.
My fight today was against a gladiator called Euaristos and as I said before he is almost identical to Vergilius, however I do have the size advantage and I'm a brawler, two things which could really prove to pay dividends here.

Come at me bro!
After a couple of rounds rolling for first turn I manage to make it to the center first, unheard of I know! When I get there Euaristos tries to force his way in and causes a check against the manuever table, I was pretty keen to keep the center of the arena so I threw in 2 bonus dice and scored 6 successes, it goes without saying that I was slightly annoyed to see my opponent match that without using any dice meaning that we both stay put and catch our breath, 9 dice remaining each.

I'm ignoring the speed modifier when it comes to who goes first because both of our speeds are the same and cancel each other out, the rolls came out as 2 and 3 meaning my opponent goes first and charges forward initiating another round of manuvers. I decided not to use any extra dice this time even though my opponent used 1, the result was 4 all when meant we would both stand still again and catch our breath, we were back to square one with all our bonus dice available.

Pressing the attack.
Now it was my turn and I wasted no time in pressing the attack, I used 2 of my dice and my opponent used 3 managing to limit me to only 1 more success than him, this called for a retake of the round and brought my signature into play, in the following round I used 1 extra dice and my opponent used 3 which allowed him to beat me by two successes. The sides switched now with Euaristos becoming the attacker and putting me on the defensive, the next round of combat saw me beating my opponent 5-3 with no bonus dice being used, I'd managed to score a hit and push him back a zone inflicting a light wound to his left leg which landed him with a -1 strength penalty.

That all you got?!
 That last little flurry of action had proven my prediction right as my opponent collapsed to the ground out of bonus dice and spent, it was still a close fight though and I'd been forced to use all but one of my dice, if this was a fight in any other location it would have continued on despite my opponent being spent and I may have actually found myself on the end of some attacks myself.

I realised after this game that I'd been working out my fame gains wrong in my other matches (Hurr Durr) but this time I made sure I did it right and earned 9 points, the rules say when you have enough points you must always use them to upgrade attributes and so I upped my speed to 4 which left me with 7 points remaining. All I need to do is keep earning fame and upgrade 2 more attributes and we'll be fighting for real in a more dangerous environment, can't wait. See you soon and please leave a comment if you enjoyed this or have any suggestions for improvement, hopefully I'll be able to get the next NUTS! mission up soon so keep a look out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment